Lithium Projects Update - Pilgangoora and Greenbushes
- Recent interpretation of regional geophysical data (aeromagnetic & radiometric) over Pilgangoora East and Wodgina South has identified a number of potassic-rich, pegmatite target areas.
- A significant potassic-rich trend, identified from radiometric data covering Pilgangoora East (E45/4630), has an identical signature to the Lithium-Tantalum bearing pegmatites held by Pilbara Minerals and other explorers in the region (see Figure 1 in the link below).
- Several new target areas were delineated from analysis of the magnetic data at Wodgina South (E45/4627& P45/3004) (see Figure 2 in the link below).
- Lithium Australia NL (ASX:LIT) (under MoU) is planning to conduct a detailed mapping and surface sampling to refine the target locations at Pilgangoora East and Wodgina South tenements.
Greenbushes East Project
- A broad potassic rich area (>9 km2) has been identified from regional radiometric data, and is located southeast of Talison Lithium's world-class Greenbushes Lithium-Tantalum mine.
- A NW trending major fault is interpreted to be controlling Lithium- Tantalum mineralisation at the Greenbushes Li-Ta mine and extends into the potassium-rich target area in E70/4810 (see Figure 3 in the link below).
- VMC is planning to conduct reconnaissance geological mapping, followed by RAB drilling, in the coming weeks.
To view figures, please visit:
About Venus Metals Corporation Limited
Venus Metals Corporation Limited (ASX:VMC) holds a significant and wide ranging portfolio of Australian base and precious metals exploration projects comprising lithium, cobalt, vanadium, copper, zinc, nickel, gold and platinum group of elements.
Key project areas in Western Australia include:
- Pincher Well Zinc-Copper Project (Youanmi): Over 5 km of under explored VMS trend with an Exploration Target of 15-20 Million Tonnes@ 2-8% Zinc,which also hosts a number of high grade lodes (>10% Zinc).
- Currans Well Cobalt-Nickel-Copper Project (Youanmi): Significant Cobalt mineralisation up to 1483 ppm Co in historical drilling. Extensive Lateritic Duricrust Co-Ni target areas identified.
- Curara Well Nickel-Copper-Gold Project (Doolgunna):10 km northeast of Sandfire Resources DeGrussa Copper Mine. Wide intercepts of disseminated Nickel Sulphides (Millerites) in Ultramafics.
- Southern Cross Vanadium Project (Youanmi): JORC 2012 Inferred Vanadium Mineral Resource of 167.7 Millions Tonnes @ 0.41% V2O5, 7.52% TiO2.
- Strategic Lithium-Tantalum Projects in WA.
Venus Metals Corporation Limited
Lithium Australia NL