- MobileActive Limited Launches Business-to-Business Division 'Embrace'
- Grows Content Production Studios
- Expands Content Retail
The company has been immersed in an intensive development phase of product and marketing initiatives across all areas of the organisation with a focus on delivering fresh and relevant products and services to a growing, evolving and discerning marketplace to optimise value, market share and revenue generation opportunities.
Mobile Embrace Business-to-Business (B2B) Division
The company is pleased to announce the launch of its Business-to-Business division 'Embrace', named to exemplify the manner in which MobileActive's mobile phone infrastructure can be leveraged by business partners to better 'embrace' their customers. MobileActive has been growing its infrastructure since 2003. For the majority of businesses the development of such an infrastructure would be cost and time prohibitive.
Embrace launched a substantial retail initiative with a major Telco partner on 22 November. MobileActive's other B2B relationships will be housed in the 'Embrace' division giving them a greater focus and service capability to deepen the client service relationships and generate greater returns.
Infrastructure services on offer to partners include:
- digital asset management
- digital media merchandising
- online and mobile marketing
- mobile membership services
- mobile internet analytics and performance metrics
More services are in development including a new messaging platform due for delivery in March 2009 that will provide a desktop interface for marketers into MobileActive's core communications engine.
RingRing Studios Content Production and Licensing
MobileActive's content production and licensing division RingRing Studios is growing.
The output of the division has accelerated through improved management, partnering and processes without increased headcount.
Progress in recent months includes:
- first multilingual application developed and distributed globally
- launch of first iPhone application with partner on 10 November, retailing globally on the Apple iTunes store. So far the application has been purchased in more than 24 countries with the strongest markets to date being the US, UK, France and Denmark
- outbound global licensing deals have opened distribution to 54 countries
- outbound global licensing deals have opened distribution to 296 channels including major Telecommunication Carriers, Media Channels and Handset Manufacturers
- a global partner commenced TV advertising of RingRing Studios product in Germany, Sweden and Belgium in October
- product soon to launch on Vodafone, T-Mobile and O2 Germany
- MobileActive's RingRing Studios now has the following countries open for distribution:
------------------------------------------------------- Germany Slovenia USA India Italy Spain UK Austria Belgium Switzerland Czech Republic Finland France Greece Hungary Ireland Malaysia Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Russian Federation Sweden Singapore Thailand UA South Africa Chile Brazil Israel Romania New Zealand Taiwan Japan Mexico Ecuador Argentina Bulgaria Romania Macedonia Colombia Guatemala Honduras Nicaragua Panama Peru Venezuela Philippines Turkey Hong Kong Ukraine Iceland Canada Fiji -------------------------------------------------------Mobile Content Retail Business
Mobubblegum a new 'all you can eat' direct-to-consumer brand launched on 9 November. Mobubblegum is tailored for specific market segments and for moving with the markets changing tastes and conditions. MobileActive has secured agreements and conditions that make an off-portal 'all you can eat' service commercially viable and an attractive offer for consumers.
In content genres the LaughsOnMobile Comedy Portal has been launched. To date comedy content has already been partnered with two major Australian Telcos. Offportal TV marketing to commence in January 2009.
Also soon for launch:
- Web SMS service development completed
- IVVR (Interactive Voice and Video Response) service development completed
- Social media and UGC (User Generated Content) service development close to beta launch
All of these business activities continue to strengthen the company and its work that has been recognised at the highest levels. The Australian Direct Marketing Association, the nation's peak body for information-based marketing, earlier this year named MobileActive's Managing Director Neil Wiles the "Mobile Marketer of the Year" at its annual Mobile Marketing and Advertising Awards.
These initiatives being undertaken by MobileActive combined with its focus on retaining staff of the highest quality are in line with the company's strategy as stated in the annual report, namely:
- Protect and grow the company's current business activities organically and if appropriate via EPS positive strategic acquisitions
- Continue to expand into new markets and territories through the development of new product lines that address untapped market segments and through increasing retail and wholesale international reach
- Diversify into new areas of business by leveraging the company's comprehensive proprietary infrastructure in partnerships with non-competitive third parties and by establishing new business lines in areas offering synergistic opportunities such as the growing social networking and user generated content (UGC) spaces.