Isabel Nickel Project Drilling Defines Thick Mineralisation
- The project team has now completed 225 holes and nearly 3000 metres of drilling in Axiom's current resource definition drilling program.
- Key highlights from the latest drilling results include:
* 15.5m @ 1.66% Ni from surface including 10.0m @ 2.00% Ni from 3.0m
* 17.0m @ 1.69% Ni from 1.0m including 12.0m @ 1.96% Ni from 5.0m
* 19.0m @ 1.62% Ni from surface including 14.0m @ 1.89% Ni from 1.0m
* 14.0m @ 1.53% Ni from surface including 6.0m @ 2.30% Ni from 5.0m
* 15.0m @ 1.66% Ni from surface including 10.0m @ 1.87% Ni from 2.0m
* 17.0m @ 1.52% Ni from surface including 7.0m @ 2.17% Ni from 8.0m
Axiom CEO Ryan Mount said, "We continue to define this exciting orebody and are pleased to report such significant thicknesses of mineralisation.
"These drilling results of nearly 20 metres in thickness at high grades confirm our confidence of delivering a premium product into the nickel ore market."
Mineralisation at Kolosori Ridge is now shown to extend to the east, beyond current drilling with significant intersections in holes KO-210 and KO-252.
Similarly further drilling will be required to test extensions to the south-east of KO-202 and KO-205, and to the north-west of KO-192 and KO-195.
Holes KO-212 to KO-219 were drilled as sterilisation holes for possible stockpile areas, and are located between the Kolosori Ridge area and the barge loading facility.
To view the complete release including figures and tables, please visit:
About Axiom Mining Limited
Axiom Mining Limited (ASX:AVQ) focuses on tapping into the resource potential within the ore-rich Pacific Rim. Through dedication to forging strong bonds and relationships with the local communities and governments where we operate, Axiom Mining has built a diversified portfolio of exploration tenements in the Asia-Pacific region. This includes a majority interest in part of the Isabel Nickel Project in the Solomon Islands and highly prospective gold, silver and copper tenements in Solomon Islands and North Queensland, Australia. Axiom Mining is listed on the ASX.
For more information on Axiom Mining, please visit www.axiom-mining.com
Axiom Mining Limited