View in Other Languages 11547 10305 9527 9431 
Daiwa Securities (TYO:8601) to Develop a Fund Jointly with Chinese State-run Entity
Daiwa Securities (TYO:8601) to Develop a Fund Jointly with Chinese State-run Entity
Tokyo, Sep 18, 2009 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Daiwa Securities Group Inc. (TYO:8601) will invest in China through its affiliate, jointly with a Chinese state-run investment entity, to buy stakes in inland Chinese businesses.

Daiwa SMBC Capital Co., a banking and financial services provider, will team up with Hubei Hi-tech Industrial Investment Co. and others to develop a fund, which will eventually have 400 million yuan, or roughly 5.2 billion yen, in assets.

The investment will start with about 2.3 billion yen, with the amount to be increased by soliciting funds from Japanese institutional investors next year.

Currently, Daiwa Securities holds a 60% stake in Daiwa Securities SMBC. Daiwa Securities plans to make Daiwa Securities SMBC Co., Ltd. to its wholly-owned subsidiary by acquiring the remaining 40% stake in from Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (TYO:8316).

Contact

Michelle Liang
Asia Business News Asia Bureau
Tel: +61-2-9247-4344
Email: michelle.liang@abnnewswire.net


Related Companies

Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.       
Daiwa Securities Group Inc       

ABN Newswire This Page Viewed:  (Last 7 Days: 5) (Last 30 Days: 36) (Since Published: 9527) 

View in Other Languages 11547 10305 9527 9431  (40810)

Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.

Social Media