Massive Sulphide intersected at Native Bee
Perth, Aug 15, 2022 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Belararox Limited (ASX:BRX), an advanced mineral explorer focused on high-value clean energy metals, is pleased to announce the first assay results from Phase One RC resource drilling at the Native Bee mine area in the Lachlan Fold Belt, NSW (Belara or the Project).
Phase One drilling at the Belara project is intended to build upon historic results and determine the potential of the Project to host significant zinc, copper, lead, silver, and gold mineralisation.
- Assay results for two new holes from resource drilling at the Native Bee resource area (1.25 km south of Belara) intersected massive sulphide mineralisation.
- Significant results include:
o 2.0m at 4.46% Zn, 0.31% Cu, 1.20% Pb, 30.2 g/t Ag and 0.03 g/t Au from 88m in NBRC001, including 1m at 7.25% Zn, 0.55% Cu, 2.37% Pb, 58.2 g/t Ag and 0.06 g/t Au from 88m.
o 6.0m at 2.12% Zn, 0.19% Cu, 0.80% Pb, 19.4g/t Ag and 0.02 g/t Au from 167m in NBRC002, including 2m at 4.81% Zn, 0.30% Cu, 1.51% Pb, 36.7 g/t Ag and 0.04 g/t Au from 167m.
- Massive sulphide intersected in NBRC001 and NBRC002 confirm the intersection in historic hole B003, 2.7m at 5.6% Zn, 1.9% Pb, 0.4% Cu and 56 g/t Ag and historic hole B024, including 4m at 3.7% Zn, 0.7% Cu, 1.1% Pb and 39 g/t Ag.
- Both new intersections contain more combined zinc, copper, lead, silver, and gold mineralisation than predicted by the historic resource model. The width and total metal content of the mineralisation in NBRC002 is better than the interpreted mineralisation in the historic model.
- Mineralisation intersected in NBRC001 and NBRC002 is open along strike to the south and at depth and a downhole EM (DHEM) survey has commenced, testing this high priority target area as well as the highly prospective southern extension identified in prospectivity modelling.
- NBRC002 was planned to test for extensions to a depth of 150m as predicted by the historic resource model that has not been previously drill tested. The mineralisation remains open at depth.
- The Phase One resource drilling has now been completed for Belara and Native Bee and preparations for the initial JORC compliant resource estimation work have started.
- Metallurgical test work is progressing well with the first phase of floatation concentrates successfully produced for copper, zinc, and lead, providing confidence the metals can be recovered using standard floatation techniques.
- 935 assay results pending - expected to be announced over the next two weeks.
- Resource estimation studies are expected to commence in late August.
- DHEM data will be collected from selected holes, at both the Belara and Native Bee resource areas, to determine potential extensions to known mineralisation areas.
Managing Director, Arvind Misra, commented:
"We are delighted to report the new assay results for the first two holes from the resource drilling at the Native Bee resource area. The holes intersected massive sulphide mineralisation. Both massive sulphide intersections at NBRC001 and NBRC002 were close to, or down dip from, intersections in historic holes, with the potential for extensions to mineralisation open along strike to the south of the new holes. A DHEM survey has commenced to test for further extensions to the known mineralisation areas. Initial floatation concentrates increase confidence in successful commercial recovery of zinc, copper, lead and silver. I would like to thank the team for the great results from the Phase One resource drilling and preparations for the resource estimation work."
*To view tables and figures, please visit:
About Belararox Limited
Belararox Limited (ASX:BRX) is a mineral explorer focused on securing and developing resources to meet the surge in demand from the technology, battery and renewable energy markets. Our projects currently include the potential for zinc, copper, gold, silver, nickel and lead resources.