Golden Age Drilling Delivering for Wiluna
Latest results are from a further 17 holes for 2,947m drilled at Golden Age. This drilling tests extension targets between the 850 and 600 levels at the underground mine as summarised in Figure 2 (see also ASX release dated 13th November 2019).
Milan Jerkovic, Blackham's Executive Chair commented: "While the Company is focussed on optimising the mine plan around our large Wiluna sulphide resource and transitioning to gold concentrate production, these results also deliver on our parallel free-milling strategy. We aim to extend the high-grade Golden Age orebody to sustain or increase production and improve transitional cashflow over the next 12-18 months ahead of sulphides production from September 2021.
In addition, we are drilling at the Williamson and Regent free-milling deposits, which have the potential to provide substantial baseload mill feed during the transition to, and potentially alongside, Stage 1 sulphides production".
Golden Age Drilling is Delivering for Wiluna
- Results from latest drilling at the high-grade free-milling Golden Age mine include:
GAGC0318: 3.8m @ 7.90g/t from 43.0m
GAGC0320: 1.8m @ 39.68g/t from 47.3m
GAGC0321: 2.6m @ 21.74g/t from 49.1m
GAGC0322: 0.8m @ 22.80g/t from 55.0m
GAGC0323: 1.2m @ 11.08g/t from 38.5m
GAGC0325: 0.4m @ 12.10g/t from 52.6m
GARD0112: 7.1m @ 7.47g/t from 185.9m, incl. 2.7m @ 17.32g/t
- Golden Age high-grade ore supplements the baseload free-milling open pits and is an important source of transitional cashflow for the next 18 months whilst we transition to sulphide production.
- Drilling at Golden Age continues to enhance the free-milling operation ahead of Stage 1 sulphide production.
- The Company continues to evaluate the drilling results to complete detailed mine planning and optimisation of the Golden Age production.
- Currently seven drill rigs in operation at the Wiluna Mining Operation
- Williamson and Regent resource development programmes underway, with a view to significantly extending the Company's free-milling resource pipeline in parallel to the Stage 1 sulphide strategy.
- Major sulphide resource development programme ongoing ahead of Stage 1 sulphide production.
To view the full release, please visit:
About Wiluna Mining Corporation Ltd
Wiluna Mining Corporation (ASX:WMX) (OTCMKTS:WMXCF) is a Perth based, ASX listed gold mining company that controls over 1,600 square kilometres of the Yilgarn Craton in the Northern Goldfields of WA. The Yilgarn Craton has a historic and current gold endowment of over 380 million ounces, making it one of most prolific gold regions in the world. The Company owns 100% of the Wiluna Gold Operation which has a defined resource of 6.4 Moz at a grade of 2.1 g/t Au. In May 2019, a new highly skilled management team took control of the Company with a clear plan to leverage the Wiluna Gold Operation's multi-million-ounce potential.
Wiluna Mining Corporation Ltd