Isabel Nickel Project Orientation Drilling Program Successfully Completed
- The project's orientation drilling program saw the completion of 135 holes over 2312m on the prospect areas of Kolosori, Havihua and Suma Ridges.
- Significant drilling highlights include:
* 20.7m @ 1.74% Ni from surface including 10.9m @ 2.47% Ni from 8.3m
* 18.25m @ 1.63% Ni from 4.8m including 10.8m @ 2.08% Ni from 9.3m
* 19.0m @ 1.55% Ni from 2.0m including 10.9m @ 1.99% Ni from 9.2m
* 16.5m @ 1.49% Ni from surface including 9.0m @ 1.96% Ni from 6.5m
* 16.0m @ 1.66% Ni from 0.5m including 9.5m @ 2.12% Ni from 5.1m
Axiom CEO Ryan Mount said, "Our team has delivered a drilling program that has consistently yielded outstanding results with high grade nickel intercepts at the three prospect areas of Havihua, Kolosori and Suma Ridges.
"We have confirmed the occurrence of high grade mineralisation in the limonite and saprolite zones, placing us in a strong position to implement the next phase of drilling."
Highlights from the program include:
- Of holes drilled, 130 out of 135 intercepted nickel mineralisation above 0.6% Ni
- Drill intercepts above 1.2% Ni cut-off include 455.2m @ 1.75% Ni from 91 holes, including:
* limonite (high iron) 167.0m @ 1.48% Ni from 72 holes
* saprolite (low iron) 288.2m @ 1.91% Ni from 74 holes
- 2312.3m of drill core with 2390 drill core samples collected.
Axiom has recently commenced the next phase of drilling - a resource definition drilling program to determine a measured and indicated resource that can support the first three to four years of a direct shipping of ore (DSO) operation.
To view full release, including tables and figures, please visit:
About Axiom Mining Limited
Axiom Mining Limited (ASX:AVQ) focuses on tapping into the resource potential within the ore-rich Pacific Rim. Through dedication to forging strong bonds and relationships with the local communities and governments where we operate, Axiom Mining has built a diversified portfolio of exploration tenements in the Asia-Pacific region. This includes a majority interest in part of the Isabel Nickel Project in the Solomon Islands and highly prospective gold, silver and copper tenements in Solomon Islands and North Queensland, Australia. Axiom Mining is listed on the ASX.
For more information on Axiom Mining, please visit www.axiom-mining.com
Axiom Mining Limited