CRU 16th World Aluminium Conference To Be Held On 13-15 June In Barcelona, Spain
There is a great deal of positive sentiment in the aluminium industry at the moment. Demand performance in 2010 and growth projections for 2011 and 2012 are all higher than previous estimates. Favourable power contracts and high LME prices are underpinning confidence and there have been fewer smelter closures and more smelter re-starts than previously expected.
Nonetheless, in spite of the positive outlook there are a number of challenges and uncertainties. The disconnect between inventory and price, the implications posed by developments in the Middle East, and macroeconomic policy in Europe and North America are all high on the agenda.
CRU's World Aluminium Conference is the world's leading primary focussed event and is not missed by executives seeking up-to-the minute and insightful analysis.
Senior representatives from companies including Dubal, Novelis, Rio Tinto Alcan and SNC-Lavalin (TSE:SNC) will join experts from CRU's Aluminium team to present on market and regional trends and outlooks, raw materials, and end user markets. Confirmed speakers include:
Jørgen C Arentz Rostrup, Chief Financial Officer, Hydro
John Thuestad, Global Primary Products President, Alcoa (NYSE:AA)
Mahmood Daylami, General Secretary, Gulf Aluminium Council Konrad von Szczepanski, Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, Aluminium, BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) (ASX:BHP)
Marco Georgiou, Principal Consultant, CRU Analysis
Marc Croft, Power Specialist, Pace Global Energy Services
Raymond F. Marcoux, Vice President, Business Development, SNC-Lavalin, Aluminium Division
Aluminium (Regional Perspectives and Strategy):
Prof. K.S.S. Murthy, Hon. General Secretary, Aluminium Association of India
Wan Ling, China Nonferrous Metals Manager, CRU China
Mahmood Daylami, General Secretary, Gulf Aluminium Council
Senior Executive, Dubal
Yi Xiaobing, Deputy Chief Engineer, Guiyang Aluminium Magnesium Design & Research Institute
Bauxite, alumina, secondary and other raw materials:
Alan Hustwick, General Manager Supply Chain Development, Rio Tinto Alcan
Colin Pratt, Managing Consultant, CRU Strategies
Paul Williams, Research Manager, Aluminium, CRU Analysis
Michael Lion, Chairman, Sims Metal Management Asia Limited
End users markets:
Tim Hayes, Senior VP Research, Davenport Equity Research
Francois Coeffic, Vice President, Foil Strategy, Novelis
Rohit Shah, Metals Analyst, Ospraie Management Fund , LLC
Michael Widmer, Head Metal Strategist, Bank of America-Merrill Lynch
How will you benefit as a delegate?
- There has been a surge in new bauxite projects recently - hear CRU's view on the outlook for bauxite
- Assess the impact of Chinese producers and Chinese smelter technology outside of China
- Scrutinize the outlook in China, India and the Middle East
- Understand the outlook for inventory, price, speculative investment and new financial products
- Benefit from CRU's short and long term outlooks
- Where will new smelter energy come from? - hear the outlook in the power markets
- Examine the economic, secondary aluminium and end-user outlooks
- Delegates attend CRU's Aluminium Conference because of the comprehensive programme and excellent networking.
- Just added to the 2011 programme - CRU's analysts will be hosting a workshop focusing on China - Resource hunger: feeding the economic miracle.
We hope to see you in Barcelona, and welcome further registrations from your colleagues (group discounts apply). To register log on to http://www.worldaluminiumconference.com
About CRU Group
CRU Group is an independent business analysis, and consultancy group focused on the mining, metals and fertilizer sectors. Founded in the late 1960s and still privately owned to ensure its independence, the group employs more than 200 experts in London, Beijing, Mumbai, Santiago, Sydney and key centres within the United States.
SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
BHP Billiton Limited