Geophysics Confirm Targets for Identifying New Pegmatites
- Airborne geophysics confirms large east-west structural corridor extending over 9 kilometres where pegmatite dykes have been mapped and sampled on surface
- Pegmatites within the magnetic corridor include channel sampling intersections up to 18.95 metres @ 0.94% Li2O, and selective rock chips of between 2.04% and 2.87% Li2O
- Mapping and sampling to confirm drill targets to commence in April
The survey has confirmed a strong east-west magnetic anomaly coincident with surface mapping of pegmatites over an area 9 kilometres long and up to 700 metres wide - see Figure 1 in link below. The host intermediate/mafic magnetic rocks confirmed through the survey have been intruded by discrete outcrops of sub-parallel lithium, beryllium, and tantalum-bearing, granitic pegmatite dykes. Mapping, sampling and drilling will be required to define the geometry of the pegmatites.
The priority focus of the next exploration program planned in April to define drilling targets at the following prospects:
- Viau Dallaire - a 300 metre long dyke, dipping 40 degrees north, and 12-20 metres in thickness. Three channel samples include 10.3 metres @ 1.40% Li2O, 11.15 metres @ 0.84% Li2O & 18.95 metres @ 0.94% Li2O (including 7.3 metres at 1.77% Li2O); and
- Viau - pegmatites have been mapped up to 200 metres long and 30 metres wide. Two separate channel samples returned grades of up to 2.77% Li2O and 1.37% Li2O over 3.2 metres, respectively.
The helicopter airborne survey totalled 553 line kilometres and each of the lines was spaced 75 metres apart in a north-south direction.
Corey Nolan, Chief Executive Officer, commented "The Company is planning to commence exploration as soon as the winter snow has melted and its can get clear access to the property. The Company will draw on its significant experience and expertise in lithium geology in the region, developed through more than 20,000 metres of drilling and exploration at Authier."
To view figures, please visit:
About Sayona Mining Ltd
Sayona Mining Limited (ASX:SYA) (OTCMKTS:DMNXF) is an Australian-based, ASX-listed (SYA) company focused on sourcing and developing the raw materials required to construct lithium-ion batteries for use in the rapidly growing new and green technology sectors.
The Company's primary focus is the development of the Authier Lithium deposit in Quebec, Canada however exploration for additional lithium deposits is also ongoing in the Authier region and in the Pilbara of Western Australia where the Company has an extensive lithium exploration package of tenements.
Sayona Mining Ltd