Secures $19.95m Funding From Institutional Investor
Funding in conjunction with a one for five non-renounceable entitlement issue to existing shareholders to fund the further development of the Montepuez Ruby and Caula Graphite Projects
- Arena Investors LP, a major US institutional investor with more than US$750 million in assets under management on behalf of its clients and affiliates, commits to invest net A$19.95 million in Mustang under a multi-tranche convertible note facility
- Funds to be drawn down in seven tranches with the first tranche of A$1.9 million (subject to conversion restrictions) to be received on signing the convertible note deed
- Follow on tranche of A$3.8 million (subject to shareholder approval) available to the Company in May 2018
- Balance of A$14.25 million will be available in five further draw-downs of A$2.85 million over two years, subject to shareholder approval
- Opportunity for existing shareholders to participate through a one for five non-renounceable entitlement issue at 2.6 cents per share to raise up to A$4 million
- Funding arrangement ensures that Mustang is financed for further planned exploration and development work on its Montepuez Ruby and Caula Graphite Projects in Mozambique
The Convertible Note Deed, with convertible notes having a face value of A$21 million, has been signed with Arena Investors LP (Arena), a US-based institutional investor with more than US$750 million in assets under management on behalf of its clients and affiliates.
Under the terms of the Convertible Note Deed, Arena has agreed to invest up to a net A$19.95 million (face value A$21 million) through an unsecured convertible note facility, to be drawn-down in seven separate tranches as follows:
- A$1.9 million (face value A$2 million) to be received upon signing of the Convertible Note Deed (with notes subject to conversion restrictions) with the convertible note to be issued (together with any shares issuable upon conversion) under the Company's existing placement capacity;
- A$3.8 million (face value A$4 million) (subject to shareholder approval) for the follow on tranche which may be drawn by the Company 4 months after the first tranche issue date; and
- A$2.85 million (face value A$3 million) (subject to shareholder approval) for each of the remaining five tranches, with 3 to 4 months minimum between draw downs thereof. Each tranche has an 18-month term. The Company today also announces that it will also be offering shareholders a one-for-five (1:5) non - renounceable rights issue to eligible Shareholders on the designated record date (to be confirmed) to raise up to approximately A$4 million (before costs) at an offer price of 2.6 cents per share (Entitlement Issue).
To view the release, please visit:
About New Energy Minerals Ltd
The Company is currently fast tracking its world-class Caula Vanadium-Graphite project in Northern Mozambique, located along strike from the Syrah Resources Ltd (ASX:SYR) Balama Project, with first cash flows targeted for H2 of 2019 from trial mining operations. New Energy Minerals' Caula project hosts a JORC (Measured) vanadium-graphite resource of 22 Mt @ 0.37% V2O5 (0.2% cut-off) and 13.4% TGC (8% cut-off) for 81,600 tonnes of vanadium pentoxide (180 million pounds) and 2.93 Mt of contained graphite.
New Energy minerals has a highly experienced Board of Directors, management, finance, exploration and geological team, with a 15-year track record of investment and successful project development in Mozambique and the Africa region. The Company aims to become a major provider of vanadium and graphite, both key components used in battery production.
New Energy Minerals Ltd