Aconex Names Winners of 2017 Aconex Connect Awards in AmericasSan Francisco, June 29, 2017 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Aconex Limited (ASX:ACX), provider of the #1 global platform connecting teams on construction and engineering projects, has announced the winners of the Aconex Connect Awards, recognizing industry best practices across vertical sectors throughout the Americas. Now in their second year, the 2017 Aconex Connect Awards honor 30 customers worldwide for innovation in delivering significant construction and infrastructure projects efficiently and economically.
"The winners of the Aconex Connect Awards have shown us the future of our industry," said Paul Perrett, chief operating officer of Aconex. "These individuals and their companies have achieved outstanding results by digitizing their project data and processes in creative ways. This has enabled them to focus on what they do best - building quality assets on time and on budget under challenging circumstances."
Listed below are examples of compelling metrics achieved by 2017 Aconex Connect Award winners worldwide:
- BAM International reduced RFI cycles by 50%, and accelerated approval of both multidimensional models and shop drawings through continuous updates using Aconex Connected BIM.
- Balfour Beatty saved approximately GBP1.3 million over 20 months by reducing errors and rework through document version control.
- Burns & McDonnell reduced average response times for workflow requests by 64%, from 14 days to 5 days, and for mail by 80%, from 5 days to 1 day.
- FourSQ increased efficiency by an estimated 25-30%, improved quality by 25-30%, and reduced tendering time by 50%.
- Grocon / PCL Joint Venture saved approximately A$778,000 in time and labour and A$950,000 in reporting over 4.5 years.
- Hacer Group reduced average turnaround times for RFIs by 55%, from 5-6 days to 2.5 days.
- Hawkins reduced the annual cost of project reporting by an estimated NZ$2.2 million while increasing visibility of key performance indicators (KPIs), and expects to save an estimated NZ$250,000 in administrative costs on improved quality assurance inspections, leading to reductions in rework.
- Metro de Santiago reduced project implementation time by 91%, from 45 hours to four hours.
- NGE expects to save up to EUR40,000 per day on late penalties through workflow management and up to EUR600,000 on document management across sites over five years.
- Parsons saved approximately US$5.8 million on improved efficiency of document reviews and US$1.6 million over four years on the redeployment of document controllers.
- Rio Tinto saved an estimated US$3 million over four years by reducing overlap times for information transfer during employee rotations.
Aconex customers were nominated for the Aconex Connect Awards in three categories:
1. Hero Award - managing change in projects to minimize risk and save costs
2. Project Award - collaborating effectively across project teams for successful delivery
3. Enterprise Award - standardizing best project practices across enterprise portfolios.
A list of selected 2017 Aconex Connect Award winners in the Americas appears below:
- Burns & McDonnell - Hero Awards to Patricia Sullivan for job site digitization vision and Allison Smith for enterprise-wide implementation; Enterprise Award to both for partnering for client success.
- Metro de Santiago - Project Award to Ricardo Villagrán for project start-up on the P63 rail line in Santiago, Chile.
- Metrolinx - Hero Award to Uliana Meldal-Johnsen for process efficiency.
- Parsons Corporation - Hero Awards to Hans Hoppe for risk mitigation and Yadira Merryman for driving adoption; Project Award to Hans Hoppe for project performance on the Interstate 405 highway in southern California.
- Rio Tinto - Hero Award to Luis Hidalgo for information transfer and Project Award for project performance on the Holden Mine Remediation in the state of Washington.
Read more about selected 2017 Aconex Connect Award winners at:
About Aconex Ltd
Aconex Limited (ASX:ACX) provides the #1 cloud collaboration platform for digital project delivery. This platform connects owners, contractors and their project teams in the construction, infrastructure, and energy and resources sectors, providing project-wide visibility and control between the many different organisations collaborating across their projects. With more than 70,000 user organisations in 70 countries, Aconex is the industry’s most widely adopted and trusted platform. Founded in 2000, Aconex has 47 offices in 23 countries around the world. The company's ordinary shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the ticker code ACX and are included in the S&P/ASX 200 Index.
For more information on Aconex, please visit:
- Website: http://www.aconex.com
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aconex
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aconex
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aconex