The World Copper Conference of CRU is consolidated in the calendar of the copper industry as a mandatory event. In it, the market leaders meet to discuss key issues that impact the industry. It is considered a flagship event held during CESCO Week Santiago.
See the most recent brochure here (see link below)
- ABN Newswire readers receive 10% savings
- Enter the code ABN10 when requested
2017 CEO Exhibitors Announced
- Oscar Landerretche, Chairman of the Board, Codelco Chile
- Jiangqiang Wu, President, Chinalco China Copper (HKG:3668)
- Donald R. Lindsay, President & CEO, Teck Resources Limited (NYSE:TECK)
- Daniel Malchuk, President of Americas Minerals Operations, BHP Billiton (ASX:BHP)
- Iván Arriagada, CEO, Antofagasta Minerals (LON:ANTO)
- Arnaud Soirat, Executive Director of Copper and Diamonds, Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO)
- Jorge Gómez, Executive President, Minera Collahuasi
- Daniel Muñiz Quintanilla, Chief Financial Officer, Grupo México (BMV:GMEXICOB)
- Michael Harris, General Director of Commercial Development, Cobre and Latin America, Rio Tinto
- Aurora Williams, Minister of Mining, Government of Chile
- Daniel Meilán, Secretary of Mining, Ministry of Energy and Mining, Federal Government of Argentina
- Nelson Pizarro, Executive President, Codelco Chile
- P. Ramnath, Executive Chairman, Sterlite Copper, Vedanta (LON:VED)
- Xue Jing, Director of Statistics, China Electricity Council (CEC)
- Mikael Staffas, President, Boliden Mines (STO:BOL)
- The complete list of exhibitors is available here (see link below)
New and Returning Features
The event begins with the delegates' exclusive field visit on Monday, April 3, and the three-day program expanded to include several new features.
Delegates will now be able to attend with the payment of a single fee to the main copper conference and can access the following:
All of this is included in the delegate fee.
The conference attracts leading CEOs from the entire copper industry, decision makers, buyers and leading copper users.
The annual meeting will bring together the top mining executives to ensure that:
- Get advance information on Chinese demand
- Get familiar with the scenarios of the developing physical and financial market
- Listen to the economics of bidding strategies of leading mining CEOs
- Form networks at the largest and most influential copper industry conference
- Find out if the fundamentals will support the 2016 price hikes
- Get access to the networking system to organize pre-event meetings
About CRU Group
CRU Group is an independent business analysis, and consultancy group focused on the mining, metals and fertilizer sectors. Founded in the late 1960s and still privately owned to ensure its independence, the group employs more than 200 experts in London, Beijing, Mumbai, Santiago, Sydney and key centres within the United States.
Vedanta Resources plc
Teck Resources Limited
Rio Tinto Limited
Chinalco Yunnan Copper Resources Limited
BHP Billiton Limited