2016 Diggers and Dealers Investor Presentation
The Investment Proposition - Ticking All The Boxes.
- Growing global population
- Decreasing arable land per person
- Asian middle class to grow to 3 Billion people by 2030
- Australian agriculture challenge: rising to meet the demand
WHY SOP (Sulphate of Potash)
- Supply constrained premium source of essential plant nutrient K
- Import replacement opportunity in Australia (+ chance to displace MOP!)
- Low salinity index = NIL chlorine introduced into soil, + Sulphur
- Overseas experience: brine SOP production has the lowest OPEX
- Size, grade and lithology
- Location with logistics close to Australian market
- Simple, proven extraction method
- Value and peer comparisons
- Next steps to unlock value well advanced
To view the presentation, please visit:
About Australian Potash Ltd
Australian Potash Limited (ASX:APC) is an ASX-listed Sulphate of Potash (SOP) developer. The Company holds a 100% interest in the Lake Wells Potash Project located approximately 500kms northeast of Kalgoorlie, in Western Australia's Eastern Goldfields.
The Lake Wells Potash Project is a palaeochannel brine hosted sulphate of potash project. Palaeochannel bore fields supply large volumes of brine to many existing mining operations throughout Western Australia, and this technique is a well understood and proven method for extracting brine. APC will use this technically low-risk and commonly used brine extraction model to further develop a bore-field into the palaeochannel hosting the Lake Wells SOP resource.
A Scoping Study on the Lake Wells Potash Project was completed and released on 23 March 2017. The Scoping Study exceeded expectations and confirmed that the Project's economic and technical aspects are all exceptionally strong, and highlights APC's potential to become a significant long-life, low capital and high margin sulphate of potash (SOP) producer.
Australian Potash Ltd